Monday, December 28, 2009

North Carolina Day Dream




I miss North Carolina. I never really lived there but I own a piece of property that is truly a piece of heaven, which I go to when ever I can. High in the Blue Ridge Mountains when the clouds are low it's as if you are floating on a cloud. All you see is white and I can feel the wetness on my cheeks. Water falls and streams run along the property and I have my secret spot which I sit and listen to the water running over the rocks and branches which have fallen into the water. It is a silent place, a place of absolute beauty everywhere you turn. The sparkle of the water when the light finally finds it's way between the thick brush above... is magical. These are the thoughts that filled me as I made this piece.

I hope to post more often, it seems easy now that I have some time off from my day job, but how I yearn to be free to create what is in my soul.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cendrine Rovini said...

Your work is enchanting !

December 28, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

January 17, 2010 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Sara Lechner said...

I like very much this piece. I agree with you that it is great to use old pieces in new work. It is an art recycling that helps art to survive instead of dying in a draw as you put it!

January 31, 2010 at 6:30 AM  
Blogger harem6 said...

So happy to find you!This piece is wonderful !

March 14, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home