Saturday, April 11, 2009

Before and during the Organic Expressions show

I had a great time at the show! Thanks to all of you who attended, it was great to see you all look into my world. I have to admit it, it was a bit surreal and I hope you enjoyed the visit. THANK YOU Paul for doing such an amazing job with the "organic mannequins", the shelving and the hanging system you came up with for my pieces. The show looked cohesive, warm and inviting... just perfect and what I had envisioned in my head. 

The wine flowed, people asked questions and I enjoyed watching folks try to cop a feel of the pieces when no one was looking. 

A special thanks to Lisa Morris, the Gallery owner of RAF for letting me invade her space and giving me the opportunity to "put myself out there" for all to see. To my great surprise it didn't hurt a bit. I want you all to come see the show and not just because of my work but because you will miss the very talented work of  Ana B Galano. Her work is a total head trip and you have to see it in person to see the most amazing mix of color and ink. The show is open till May 9th so you still have a chance not to miss out.

Ana B Galano and me enjoying the show. Ana's work is on the left and mine on the right. The dress I'm wearing was made out of an antique victorian under skirt, a hand nuno felted piece of wool and a mix media crochet piece.

My sister Maria represented all of my relatives that couldn't make it to the show. She has always been a shining star, always bright, illuminating and inspiring. Thanks for coming Mary Elen. 

Cool looking folks enjoying the show, oops and touching too.

All the smaller objects hung on a wall, low enough for people to get close and touch if they liked.

Here are some of Ana's beautiful work. Come see the rest, remember you have until May 9th!

The dress on the right is a new piece and making it's premiere at the show. It's called "America the Beautiful".

The dress on the left is also making it's premiere, it's called "Charlie Parker's Delight". 

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! So happy to see how beautiful it all turned out! Can't wait to get to town next month & see everything in person! Kudos to you Bee! Your hard work is quite evident in the end results of the show. Hats off!!!!!!

P.S., Good work on the displays, Paul!!! So unique! Miss T in the ATL

April 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home