Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone! I have been working on a necklace which I will finish and post this weekend... if I say it maybe it will happen. Mean while here is a skirt and a bag I quickly made, because the necklace was getting a bit too intense. The skirt is all recycled, the jeans where donated to me by my lovely husband. I sewed a vintage crochet piece to the front and the zodiac signs came from a 1950's vintage calender which was originally used as a kitchen cloth, but in pristine condition. The hem is another vintage crocheted piece that was given to me by.... can't remember who. So many people have given me such wonderful stuff, if your one of them that sees your donation being used in these photos I hope you are pleased.

The bag started as a burlap coffee sack. I had the burlap for the longest time and wanted to make a bag. My mother in law gave me a bag full of sample knitting pieces that had newspaper and magazine articles attached to the small samples with detail pattern instructions. Like I have said before I don't like following patterns. The articles dated as far back as the 1950 and 60s. I added some stiffer fabric, embroidered and lined it and here it is. It's the perfect size for my daily train ride and I'm thinking I might not want sell this one.

Keep Buzzy!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosetung said...

you should keep the bag ;) its awesome! the skirt has a cute, patchwork thing about it.

January 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Pastry Clothing said...

That bag rocks! I'm amazed by your imagination, great hands too! (applaud)

January 19, 2009 at 2:35 AM  
Blogger elena fiore said...

Complimenti per le tue creazioni, per la tua borsa e per le tue collane. E complimenti per il tuo blog! Un saluto dall'Italia, ciao. Elena

January 30, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home