Sunday, November 23, 2008

I have been Buzzy

Spring

Summer


Winter



Winter's end


Fall Leaves


Spring Begins


Bell & Things Bracelet


Lost & Found Cuff


I am sorry I haven't been putting up any posts lately, but I have been experimenting with copper mesh, banana leaves, wire, raw wool, recycled fabric, shells and any natural object that won't disintegrate. I'm trying to find a way to bring together the materials I love by experimenting with different techniques. I have large containers in my studio filled with discarded clothes. I really want to find a way to recycle and give them a second life.  I have cut some of the material in long stripes and have sewn it onto a copper mesh armature, then crocheted into the material for more texture. The neck piece (Fall Leaves) is stiff which gives it a sculptural feeling. I have also included some pieces I finished for the show I had. I would love to read your comments, thanks for stopping by. 

Keep Buzzy  

7 Comments:

Anonymous Ernie said...

Hey, it is that long haired boy from JoAnn fabrics, my name is Ernie.

I love your art, it is amazing!

Just letting you know I quit, I needed more time to focus on school but my manager wouldn't comply.

No worries!

I will definitely try to make it to one of your shows in the future!

November 23, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

Hi Ernie,
Thanks so much for your great comment. Not everyone can understand my work, so I appreciate it when someone gets it.

Sorry about your job, but sometimes the universe guides you in ways that you should go along with. It's all good.

Where are you going to school and what are you studying???

November 24, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Intervenção Digital said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 25, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Vintage Tea said...

wow i love your stuff. its really beautiful

x

December 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Barbara Munsel said...

Those necklaces! Devine, adore!!!!
Love XXX

December 21, 2008 at 1:47 AM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

Hi Vintage Tea!!!! Thanks for the comment. Love your blog!!! You are going in the right direction. Keep moving forward!!!!!

December 21, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

Hi Barbara, I soooooooo love your work and for you to complement me is a great honor. I hold your opinion in very high regard. I check your site practically everyday, you are so inspiring!

December 21, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home