Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NO WAR hat




This is my last piece that I will have finished for the show on Saturday. My NO WAR hat is not a political statement about the current war. It is a statement about all wars. Any war is a bad war. I tried to make a hat that reflected the bits and pieces that are left after a battle has been fought. I have added glass bead skulls, stones, pieces of fabric that tell a tale of destruction. The horizontal lines symbolize the fields, the farms, the city and land where the devastation of war has occurred. This is one of my first pieces that I used typography and I hope to use more in the future.
Leave a comment, and wish me luck on Saturday. I'll take some pics of the display at the show.

Keep Buzzy!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR FIRST SHOW TOMORROW!!!! I send lots & lots of good vibes your way, and hope you are SOLD OUT!!! This hat is wonderful-If it doesn't sell at the show, wear it out! With politics in the state they're in, I wouldn't be surprised if someone buys it right off your head. Miss T in the ATL

October 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Kira Fashion said...

I like it :0

a kiss!

October 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

Oh my god! You do not know how cool it is that you commented on my hat and found my site! I love your blog, is it okay if I put you as a link on my site?

I'm Latina also by the way, I know my last name doesn't let you know that but I'm married to a German-Scot.

Thanks!!!

October 22, 2008 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Rosetung said...

every aspect has significance- i love that! the chaos of war is def reflected, too. this piece is great. it's like wearable art, all about the ideas behind it. awesome!

November 18, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home