Saturday, October 25, 2008

My first show


Well, I have to say I have discovered a few things about my self. 
A. I'm shy and I don't like approaching people... so I don't. 
B. I don't like snobs... but who does.

Don't get me wrong, this was a great first time out. I loved hearing people's reactions and seeing what they were attracted to. I'm thinking I tend to design for a younger audience but it could have been the venue... a private yacht clue tends to have an older crowd. I have to admit my stuff isn't main stream. THANK GOODNESS!!!! My daughter T was amazing. She helped me price all the pieces and was great at the show, socializing and walking around at one point wearing my scarves and hats. My husband Paul had his furnisher and objects also at the show. (You can see one of his tables in the pic above) I thought it was good for both of us to just get out into the sunlight and see the reaction. I think it was a great success and a boost to keep moving forward because we are moving in the right direction.

Keep Buzzy... Bee

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks Great! I especially like the photos you put up, to give people some ideas of how FABULOUS the items will look on them. Although people were a little skiddish to spend this year, I predict that now that the art season has begun (not to metion the holiday season), I predict sales sales sales of your stuff!!!

P.S., Are you & your hubby able to get into art basel? Hey, if not this year, maybe the next!!! Lots of love love love Miss T in the ATL

November 6, 2008 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Rosetung said...

oh my gosh, bee. i'm so happy, in a way, to read this post, because i feel i've been in the same boat so often. this is almost always how i've felt at the local events i've participated in. it's frustrating to feel i'm wasting time, $, energy on events that, for the most part, don't draw a crowd that appreciates my style.
plus, i find that people are shy about handling and trying things on, but they don't get how it's supposed to look when it's laying on a table, or hanging on some display apparatus.
not that i mean to be so negative! i think there's hope for our kind haha ;) it's cool you did a show, and i hope you got some good attention.

November 18, 2008 at 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home