Sunday, September 28, 2008

Snow Fox Sweater completed!


I DID IT!!!!
I finished the sweater, with sleeves and all. Can you believe it? The sleeves are even in length and width too!!! Yes, this is a big deal for me, the anti pattern textile artist. Oh my god I just called myself a textile artist, I think I'm getting ahead of myself. Paul did (AGAIN) an amazing job of photographing the sweater, he always brings out the best in both the model and the garment he is shooting, god I love the guy! I am so happy to have one more item for the show in October. I might do another hat, I have a feeling the scarves and hats are big sellers. By the way the sweater is super warm, being 100% wool and fox fur you can just imagine.. better than a coat might be in winter time.

Let me know what you think.

Keep buzzy...Bee

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing I love about all your pieces is that you allow the person who ultimately ends up with it breathing room. What I mean by this is that once the piece is mine, I feel like whatever I add to it (clothing underneath in wild colors, choosing what else to wear with it) will make it even more mine. Sometimes we buy things that 'wear us,' or constrict our abliity to get creative. The way you do things gives one a chance to dream & create! Love the sleeves, they made the piece very snug & even more cozy looking. Miss T in the ATL

September 30, 2008 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous waywardinn said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing the Snow Fox Sweater. It looks good.

October 1, 2008 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Giselle Dozier said...

Thats the most amazing thing I'v ever seen.....how did you do that???

-Giselle <3<3<3

October 29, 2008 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Beatrice said...

Hi Giselle!!!
Thank you so much for your comment!
The sweater is hand crocheted not using any patterns. I just let the wool tell me where it wants to go and I follow. Then when it starts looking like a shoulder or a neck I attach it to a dress form and sculpt it to the form. I had tons of fun doing it.

Thanks again!!!! REALLY!!!!
Keep Buzzy...Bee

October 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home