Sunday, September 28, 2008

Garment Labels


Hi everyone, I am so excited about my garment labels. I had surfed the net for possible vendors so I can have embroidered labels. To my dismay, I have to have a minimum made in order for the labels to be produced. Well, you all know what that means... big bucks. So I figured out a way to make them at a cost of practically nothing. I had bought a bunch of ribbon for a dollar a roll at Michael's, and I had a package of Iron-on transfer paper. Well as you can see from the picture I now have what I need! I guess all the years of graphic design helped. I'm talking about before the computer age. You know the paper cutting years, one of the main reasons I went into graphic design and the reason I want to get out of it now.  The lack of the tactile art I love so much.

I will be posting my business cards and the catalog I put together as a direct mail piece which I will be sending to possible boutiques to represent my work. 

Next I have to make some hangtags. I have so much more small details I need to finish before my first show on October 18th.

Send me your good karma, wishes, prayers or what ever you thing I need to have a great show.

Keep Buzzy!....Bee

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! You know I am a sucker for purple!! Good for you for not dealing with those packaging monsters, I hate how even making a simple label is an astronomical price for those of us who are not running Macy's..GRR!!!

The green and the logo keep with your organic and nature based themes, very nice, I liiiike it! Of course I would have called your line "A dream realized," but I know that's toooo loooong; Did I mention I take a LOOOONG time to taaalk about things??? Miss T in the ATL

September 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM  
Anonymous waywardinn said...

Very cool idea for the labels.

Good luck with the tags and the show.

October 1, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home