Monday, August 11, 2008

"Pink Flake" Sweater Vest

This is what I worked on this weekend. I don't believe in patterns, even if I used a basic pattern for this pullover sweater vest. If you scroll down on my entries you will see how I began. I call the style "free form crochet". I made a base piece (shown in previous entry, below) put it on my dress form and began adding different types of yarn while crocheting right onto the form. What really inspired me was the bright pink yarn called "Flake", it's the fuzzy looking bright pink yarn. I got the yarn at Anneke's Needleworks here in South Miami. "Flake" wasn't cheap but Anneke gave me the yarn for 15% less (Thank You Anneka!) and I caved in and payed for this delicious pink yarn.  It was well worth every penny. I haven't yet completed the back, I  just have a small piece to go. When I complete "Pink Flake" I'll take a photo with it on so you can get the full effect. I'm really loving the direction this piece is going and I just might make a series. Leave your comments I would love to see what you think.  
Keep Buzzy!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink Flake is a b eautifull creation the color goes fantasticc with the design
Keep it up I'm anxious to see the end product.
Good luck

August 11, 2008 at 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will you put in the middle part, if anything? Mesh? Tulle? Fishnet? Ooh what a racy little number we have here! I love the color, and think that even with time wearing away at the dye, it will just add to it, Tania like

August 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 12, 2008 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

I might leave the front open, maybe not as much as you see in the photo. The Sweater Vest is intended to be worn over something, so you can see the color through the openings. But who knows what I'll do. Thanks for commenting!

August 12, 2008 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous waywardinn525 said...

I like that! That's one of my favorite colors.

August 13, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home