Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Discovery

Love this! This is Hand-tied twisted ramie made from the stalk of the ramie plant. The ends are twisted and connected by hand. Extremely labor intensive and is made in a small village in China. The vendor that makes it available is habu textiles in New York City. I called the store to get a feel for the pricing. The item comes only in 20.oz  skeins which will cost $112.00. Ahhhh the price of love is high, but maybe in the future when I get better at what I'm doing, I just might go for it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I leve the sandals like always hunding for bargains.
what are you planning to do with the new material when you buy it?
Do you have something in mind already?

August 14, 2008 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

Aren't the sandals cool and oh so comfy.
I was planning to maybe make a skirt out of the twisted ramie, depending how the material drapes ones I crochet it into a lose weave. Then add some texture by adding some fun yarn or maybe even some embroidery. It's funny but once I have the material in my hands it kinda adds flight to my imagination.

Who are you, anonymous????

August 14, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home