Monday, August 4, 2008

Interesting weekend

On Saturday, August 2nd I cleaned out the two hallway closets and organized all the fitted, flat sheets and pillowcases for both T's bed and Paul's and mine. I did laundry, washed dishes and did all the stuff I can't get to all week. T was with her father while Paul was working at the studio with Marcus photographing Paul's work. We need professional images so I can start designing and mailing postcards and collateral pieces of his work. I found myself alone at home and around 1:00 in the afternoon I couldn't stand not being out in the Florida sun. So I called my friend Lynne and asked what she was up to. She was picking up here brand new yellow and black SMART car.  Oh my god how cute! I extended my arms out and I could actually hug the car, it's no wider than my total arm extension. We met up at Anneke's Needlework which is the most wonderful store for yarns... I spent $70. I can never walk out of that place without something yummy to use in my projects. Since I became suddenly poor, my good friend Lynne and her husband Marc took me out to lunch at a Thai restaurant in Coral Gables. Thank you guys!

Sunday, August 3rd was an entirely different type of a day. I wanted to go on an adventure, discover a new place in Florida that I've never been to. Paul was game since he worked all week and Saturday at the studio. So off we went in my Jeep to Key Largo! By the time we got there we, where starving. Since we didn't have any plans we drove till something jumped out and said "eat here, it's your destiny". We both saw the sign for Snapper's, a restaurant right on the water, exactly what I had in mind! The view was great (pic 1) the food was good and the company (pic 2) was awesome. After having a delicious lunch we headed to Gilbert's.  I had heard about the place but I had never been. Paul had been before he met me about six years ago. Paul kinda looks like the pirate (pic 3) doesn't he? The guy in pic 4 was a bar fly that attached himself to me and Paul. He opened his mouth and I knew immediately he was from Brooklyn. He was reading the Daily News a not well respected newspaper from New York. He was entertaining, told us he was a chef and spoke in detail about some of his best dishes. Tough guy could have been a retired mobster, a "Joey" as he put it. I would love to try his famous Key Lime Canoly, YUMMMM!!!  Pic 5 is the bar, a real beach dive atmosphere not at all like Snapper's. Forgot to mention that we saw some Tarpon . Paul took me once to feed these cool guys, that was an other adventure. Pic 6 was our first bartender, Jeff. He was running around like a chicken without his head on. Kinda grumpy till backup help arrived then he chilled out and became friendlier. Pic 7 is the first of 4 rounds of Long Island Iced Tea drinks. Pic 8, I loved these chairs. Pic 9 American flag bandana on a Suzuki motorcycle, lame! Pic 10 a fish bar you could order from, I was frightened when I discovered the dead fish by the water (pic 11). Made me think I won't be ordering any fish here. Pic 12 two very cute girls, made me miss T. Pic 13 and 14 is the relief bartender. She so reminded me of my friend Tania. Paul and I gave her the name of Green Pirate. Pic 15 and 16 are photos of an old guy that has been making these kitsch type stuff,  he confessed to me for the last twenty years. His car was stacked with the stuff, I wonder if he sold any that day. The last row is me and the wonderful views from this hidden Florida treasure. If you are ever in the neighborhood you have to stop in and have yourself a Long Island Iced Tea. Take my advice make your maximum intake just two.
Keep Buzzy!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Miranda Merklein said...

Can I have some of that weekend, just the good part. Wooo-hoo!!

August 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM  
Anonymous waywardinn said...

Thanks for letting us come along. What a nice weekend.

August 6, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home