Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sailing skirt

The center panel is my attempt at Nuno felting. I was trying to make a scarf but it came out too short and a bit too wide. So today I thought I would put my mistake into something useful. I was looking around my studio for a vibrant blue to match the blue circles I had felted into the silk. The only thing I could find was an old sail cover Paul had stuffed into a bag with his old sails. The fabric is strong but light weight, perfect for making a skirt. I have begun free style embroidery with the yarn I used in the Nuno process on the sail cover. This helps cover any stains the cover had. I have a ways to go yet but I'm more than half way done. I'll post the final product when it's finished. What do you think???? Keep Buzzy!  

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! Love the blue & the combo is very cool...Now comes the hard question-what is the top going to look like? I love the handbag too, very 'tough but chic.' Miss T in ATL!!

July 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the combination of colors and the texture.
Keep the creativity going

August 1, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home