Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I had a great Bee Day!

I had a great birthday yesterday, thanks to a whole lot of folks. I began my day with a showering of gifts from T and Paul. I got some cool tops, bright blue flip flops, Victoria Secret's underwear and Waffles. You can see him in the pic of the day shot on the right. T made him for me, isn't he cute? He is keeping me company at my office and reminding me that life shouldn't be taken that seriously. Love the lips! The next thing we did was pile into my Jeep and zoom over to South Beach for some brunch. What a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. We invited Oscar to come and eat with us but all he had was a "pastellito de queso y guayava". He made an interesting observation, that the Cuban pastries are shape coded. Triangle for cheese and guava (the one he had) round for meat, square for a guava and a long rectangular shape for just cheese. I found this very amusing coming from a guy that deciphers some sort of satellite thing for the government. Then after a wonderful meal at David's we said adios to Oscar and went strolling down Lincoln Road. Really cool shops and plenty of people watching. I should have taken more photos but I was just relaxing and having too much fun going in and out of shops. Paul and T were good sports, considering it was probably 98 degrees or more outside. We stopped for ice cream but I was holding out for a Long Island Ice tea at Van Dykes. As you can see by the pick I got one, okay two nice cold drinks.  After we all had enough of shopping, sun and fun I thought how about going home and hanging out in the jacuzzi. We all agreed that was an awesome suggestion. We went driving through Coconut Grove and passed Carol's house, she's a long time childhood friend of Paul's and a new time friend to me and T. She was having her house painted inside and the painters had just left. The floors were done just a week before... very beautifully done, they looked still wet. Carol was great she didn't even blink an eye, even if we did crash in on her. She served us some white wine, talked about her dad and mine and how we miss them so very much. We discussed what colors she should paint the relief of lions above her fire place. Paul tried to figure out how to get her Mac laptop to be able to connect to the internet everywhere in her home. I of course broke the lovely red wine glass she gave me to drink out of. DUH!!!! Carol gave T some tadpoles and some Monarch butterfly wormy guys so she could watch them do the whole chrysalis thing, T was so excited that when we got home we had to call Marc who had told her that he had an aquarium he could give her. So off me and T went to get it from  Marc and Lynne, they of course served me a delicious birthday martini. Lynne showed me a box full of quilted samples done by hand by one of her friends mom that is quite old and he wanted Lynne to have the not one but two large boxes of the most incredible hand made quilt samples. They must have been at least 70 years worth of work. The woman has an incredible gift for color, really breath taking pieces. Most are small but an art piece each one. 

All in all a very special day. I received phone calls from my sisters, brother in law, Tania, and Mom. (sorry if I forgot anyone) Thank you all for making this day a special Bee Day, I had tons of fun. I lived, laughed and loved... what else can I have asked for?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Miz Shoes said...

More drinks. That's what I always ask for. More drinks and a foot massage.

July 22, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you livin' large!! I do have to ask two critical questions though:

1. Is this the beginning of the "Bee is making wacko faces just like Paul" era, or just a day of excellent drinks??

2. Why is waffles wearing underpants on his head???

July 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM  
Anonymous piranhakeet said...

Happy Birthday, belatedly!

What a great way to spend the day.

I'm enjoying keeping up with the family via these blogs.

July 23, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Bee's Hive said...

Who are you piranhakeet????

July 24, 2008 at 6:32 AM  
Anonymous piranhakeet said...

Your red-wine drinking sister-in-law, C.M.

July 24, 2008 at 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Moriah said...

People should read this.

November 11, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home