Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I have discovered a wonderful poet...Rumi

I was looking at my Yahoo sites that I have made my "favorites" and it lead me, after half a dozen clicks of the mouse to the poems of Rumi. Now for all you well read types I'm sorry for myself that I did not know of Rumi before and please forgive me of my ignorance. He has sold more than half a million volumes of his poetry-no small feat, considering that he lived in the 13th century. I have sat for about an hour reading his work online and have ordered the book you see above. You should take a couple of minutes and read his poetry online. I hope you will be enriched and want to read more of his delightful work. 

Here is a short poem that I really liked... enjoy!

Today like every other day
we wake up empty and frightened.
Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down
a musical instrument. Let the beauty you love
be what you do. There are a thousand ways
to kneel down and kiss the ground.
- Rumi

2 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

Hey... cool info.

Hey, about the daily pic, the one of downtown Miami; can you archive that so that it's still on the blog?That's a great shot.

Thanks

July 16, 2008 at 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool site!

July 16, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home